Why We Raise Funds
The educational opportunities at Grattan School go far beyond the basics and cost a lot more than the limited programming funds accessible via the California state budget alone. The vast majority of Grattan PTA resources support:
- An extra full-time teacher that keeps class size low in the 4th and 5th grade
- A full time computer tech consultant in our computer lab during and after school
- A full time fitness consultant
- A literacy support consultant
- Instructors for gardening, storytelling, and library time
- Field trips, learning materials for the class rooms and much more.
To maintain the quality and depth of the programs at our school we need the support of our entire school community to raise approximately $314,000 during the 2016/2017 school year.
For more background about the PTA budget and fundraising, check out our FAQs article.
How We Raise Funds
Fundraising at Grattan takes place through 3 initiatives:
- The Annual Campaign, which kicks off in October, is our main fundraiser. We aim to raise $265,000 through direct donations from Grattan families, friends and corporate matching gifts. Every gift makes a difference!
- Events are the source of about 10% of the PTA budget. For example:
- Count Me In! Parties (CMIs) - From book swaps to elaborate progressive dinners, Grattan families host parties and fun gatherings for adults, families or children. All proceeds from ticket sales go to Grattan. Sale of CMIs take place in the early spring.
- Spring Fun Run is a day of fun, community, fitness and fundraising in April.
- Shop & Earn (a.k.a. Free $$) Throughout the year, when you, your extended family, and friends shop, some retailers will donate a portion of your purchase costs to Grattan. Please pick one of these easy strategies. Make it a habit. Then, pick another... And spread the word - grandmas, grandpas, aunts, uncles and family friends can easily earn funds for Grattan at no cost to them.
- Amazon.com Even family and friends far away can support Grattan when they shop online. You can too! Bookmark the page this link takes you to, use it every time you shop at Amazon, and Grattan will receive 4% to 10%! of the value of your purchases.
- Join the Sports Basement "Basementeers" Program and designate Grattan as your school/charity of choice -- you'll get 10% off your purchases and Grattan PTA will get 10% of the profits.
- Shopping anywhere else online? Go through eScrip, and merchants will make contributions to the Grattan PTA. It's super easy to sign up and just about any business you use for online shopping is there. From JCPenney and Macy's to Travelocity and Expedia, even ebay.
- Mention Grattan when you do your local shopping at Cole Hardware and the Booksmith.
- Register your existing grocery loyalty, debit and credit cards with eScrip and merchants will make contributions to the Grattan PTA, based on purchases made by you, just by using the cards you've registered. For example, grocery stores, including Safeway, participate in eScrip.
Tax deductible donations to Grattan can be made any time.
Simply send a check made out to Grattan PTA to Grattan PTA, 165 Grattan Street, San Francisco, CA 94117.
Or drop cash or a check in the black box on the wall of the office.
Or head over to our Make a Donation right now!
Our Tax ID is: 94-2967138
2015-2016 Grattan PTA Budget
2015-2016 Grattan PTA Projected Revenues
Hey. Did you read this far and think, "Great information, I just wish it were displayed better." Or, "Hey, this didn't answer all my questions." Or, "Gee, I wish this were written even better." Ok, then. If you can help us out with our writing or graphics, hurray! email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know!